FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:51 pm
cazane

IC Berchtesgaden

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Bed Standard, got initially upgraded to Panoramic Executive studio. This was changed on my request to a smokers executive studio.

How are the rooms?
Nice modern rooms, with working desk and sofa.Bath tub and shower separated.

How is the exec. lounge?
There is no, but there are enough good and comfortable places to sit down, read a book and relax. Therefore its okay for me, that there is no lounge.

What was your welcome gift?
Sweets and a bottle of red wine, accompanied by a handwritten welcome letter from the GM (including his e-mail address)

I got also an invitation to a cocktail reception of the GM. At the reception we got drinks and some small food items.

On Easter Sunday, I got a cake and more sweets delivered to my room.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes a plate of fruits the first and the second day.

Good:
  • Very good service in general, I was almost always greeted by my name in the restaurant, bar and at breakfast. The GM came to greet me at check-in, and was seen very often wandering arround, asking guests in the restaurant whether its not to dark to read the menu etc.
  • Very good breakfast in selection and quality. Waiters came every few minutes, asking whether I have further wishes. (This may be partly due to my habit of rising early. The second day I was the only guest the first 30 minutes.)
  • Restaurant 360°, has excellent food and good service. At three nights, I was never disappointed. I cannot remember having eaten so good at an Interconti with a bill just in the 50-60 Euro range (including drinks).
  • Good service at the bar. I never had to wait for service, the waiters look quit often after the guests.
  • Free WiFi of good speed in the whole hotel, including spa, restaurants and my room.
  • Nice pools. Its awesome to swim outside, while it snows on your head. The indoor pool is sufficient for serious swimming.
  • Excellent and friendly house keeping.
  • Minibar well stuffed with sparkling water and medium sparkling water.

Bad:
  • Spa area will need some improvement in food and drinks. Did not feel the wish to order there a coffee or more. The staff did not seem to be very motivated.
  • Minibar content looks very healthy, even beer and cola (light) is missing.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
The hotel is not cheap, but I got a great value for my money. If I am in need for a few quiet, relaxing days I happily will return.