FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla reload broken PIN scam reports
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:42 am
Autolycus

Originally Posted by Autolycus
I posted over in the Walmart/Bluebird thread, but was directed over here, so will post here as well. I just bought a VR card at the CVS by Five Points. Tried to load it to BB within 10 minutes of purchasing. It got to the verify all information page and then gave the dreaded message that the VR network card had already been used. Called customer service and they said they would send a dispute package and that I should contact local law enforcement. Still haven't gotten the emailed dispute package. I guess I'll call them again tomorrow if I still don't have it.

I really think it's hilarious that they're telling people to call local LE. What on earth can local LE do that their own fraud department shouldn't already be doing?

EDIT TO ADD: Should note that all 10 digits of the PIN are on the card.
A non-update update: I submitted my paperwork/dispute form via fax on 3/11. On 3/20, I had not heard anything, so I resubmitted by email to the pseudo-fax system that customer service uses, just to make sure it had been received. I have still heard nothing in response to my dispute.

Anybody got a suggestion for how to expedite this a little? If it involves a direct phone or email, please send by PM so the person isn't swamped needlessly. Thanks in advance!