FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Pasadena Cancels My New Year's StarPoints Stay
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:48 am
Sam P. Goodman

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Me too.

I'm in a similar boat to the OP. I reserved two rooms for the Rose Parade (one two night reservation and two one night reservations) with the intention of taking my in-laws to the parade as a birthday gift. I booked my reservations on 1/1/2013 (while watching the parade on TV) for $169 per night and have since bought tickets to the parade at a cost of nearly $400. Last week, we got a voicemail from one of the managers at the hotel saying there was a "booking error" and that all of my reservations are being canceled, but they would send me $169 per reservation. The reservations disappeared from my account within a couple of days.

My wife called and spoke with one of the managers a few days ago and he said the entire hotel is taken over by Tournament officials during that time and there is nothing they can do for us. She explained that we already purchased parade tickets and he offered to buy them off of us, which we are considering.

The $169 checks haven't materialized yet. If they do, we may just sell the parade tickets to the hotel and do something else for my father in law's birthday...or, now that I'm brewing on this, I may just raise a big stink with corporate.