FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:28 am

IC Sanctuary Cove ( Queensland Australia )

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes, first time here.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Twin Garden View ( cheapest at $AUD249. a night ) on Priority Privilege 2-4-1 voucher - that is, pay for first night, get second night free.
Got upgraded to Twin Club Marina View room.

How are the rooms?

Private balcony - not really 'private', as rooms on either side can see what you're up to etc.
Room average. Quite OK, even with two under 12 kids in tow.

How is the exec. lounge?

Great. Hardly anyone else using Club Lounge for our two night stay. That meant plenty of food and drinks.
Myself and guest were able to park ourselves directly infront of the wide-screen TV, on leather lounge chairs every time we visited.

Did you receive a welcome gift?

Yes. Presentation golf ball and tee, in silver metal box, with Welcome letter. Fruit plate + chocolates.

How was the minibar?

Not too bad. I was a little disappointed in no French bubbly, but there was two full sized bottles of wine - a NZ Sav. Blanc & a Shiraz ( which I didn't drink, as preferred the white ).
Full IC range of spirits ( minis ) + a few mixers ( no diet ? Can't remember )

What was good and what was bad?

Good - Welcome / Greeting. The pools ( lagoon + regular ). Breakfast buffet. No issues with Mini-bar consumption.

Bad - Fireside Restaurant for dinner: expensive and mains with no sides - everything had to be paid for separately - which meant a steak with fries and veges cost over $AUD50.
Other responders have mentioned the $5. charge for an ice bucket. ( there's no self-serve ). However, it wasn't added to my account, so that was actually 'good' ...

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

Using the PP 2-4-1 voucher - most definately a good deal. The RA benefits really top that off.

Would you return?

Certainly, if using PP vouchers. I may have to weigh up my reasons for being in this part of the world, if no discounts or RA benefits.

Sorry, but my computer doesn't seem to do the bold print thing ...

Last edited by 404; Mar 24, 2013 at 5:53 pm