FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:19 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkar
It was funny, I noticed in my account and called back and got the very same diamond desk agent. I didn't recognize it, but she did -- she credited it right away while mumbling something that I couldn't understand about why it happened.

As it turns out, she deducted 170,000, not 140,000 -- in other words, she booked the AXON and took the 140k, and then took 170k, which is the equivalent of a VIP, I think, for a cat 7. It was weird. I logged out and logged in, and they were back in the account right after the call.

You have to watch your Hilton account like a hawk. It's very hard to keep track online because they don't have a very good page that shows transactions.
The reservation shows 170K but the actual deduction is 145K. It always happens this way to me.

I actually resort to Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the In and Out of the account because HHonor does not show the deduction, only the addition - this makes it very hard to see award booking / cancellation activities to reconcile the account.

IHG despite the many shortcomings of its low-value Priority Club program, it shows every movement of the account. Now with improvement, it even shows exactly what reservation it was related to, date and property, as well as the date you did it.

Club Carlson also has a comprehensive account activity details.

One HHonor rep told me at one point they had it, but then it was shown in a crazy manner - points first deducted from member account and sent to HHonor program, then deducted from your HHonor program "escrow" account and sent to the hotel - she said it was confusing and they received a lot of calls from customers complaining about the points being deducted twice... but what it did was just going thru a temporary holding place - to avoid constant calls coming in about this, the IT took the function off. But then may be there is some codes not fully cleaned out, therefore occasionally we experience such double deduction? Who knows? All we know is, HHonor's IT is very bad, and no real improvement in sight.