FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:43 am
JamesBond_ppk

New Senator lounge FRA

Lufthansa refurbished their Senator lounge in FRA in late 2012. I had been there a couple of times before so knew exactly where it was. It must be said, that FRA airport made an effort there. The newly refurbished area does not only include the Business, the Senator and the First Class lounge, but also quite a few shops and a nice waiting area for passengers without lounge access.

Upon arrival, the lounge dragon seating outside, requested my SEN card even though we were arriving in F. Still, she let us in. The refurbishment is very nice indeed, and definitely a big improvement compared to what it was before. The new design and improved space will help cope with the amount of SEN flying around. Of course, this lounge was not the largest we visited in this trip, but it's still quite big, brand new, has plenty of seating areas, mostly chairs but also bars, tables, and relaxing chairs. The relaxing zone is by the way very cool with illuminated wallpaper, nice fragrance and nature sounds.

Lounge entrance

Large seating area

Another seating area, more isolated

Relaxing area

Lounge chairs and plane background

World clocks and magazines rack (poor choices, in the evening)

Inside worldshop, important to German Miles & More travellers

The food spread was very decent with a selection of sandwiches, cold cuts, bread and pretzel, yoghurt, soup and a couple of warm dishes.

Some of the food spread

Drinks

I went for a shower, which was great after a 12 hours flight. LH provides a set of 3 towels for your shower, but sadly not an amenity kit, or individual soap botles. Soap / shower gels are in a dispenser in the shower. Still the experience is far better than the oldish slightly dirty showers in Koru club SYD.

Front desk, no ducky for me this time!

Restrooms

Shower room

Shower

Conclusion
The new SEN lounge in FRA is a success. It was very much needed and could not come any earlier. I usually tried to avoid FRA when flying intra Europe, as connecting through there is usually hell (I prefer CPH, MUC or even ZRH). But if I have to, now I know I have a nice lounge waiting for me, probably one of nicest Business lounge around Europe these days.