FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:36 am
JamesBond_ppk

TG922
BKK-FRA

Duration: 11:30 (11:24)
77J (777-300ER): HS-TKT
F class
Seats 1A & 2A pre assigned, 7 pax / 8 seats

Before I start about this flight, it must be said that at the time of booking I could have choosen another TG flight from BKK to FRA. There is actually one (TG920) leaving BKK a couple of hours after the flight from SYD. However, at the time of booking, TG920 was operated by a 747 and I wanted time to experience TGs ground services as well, so I choose a 15 hours layover instead. And yes we passed out on the A380 experience (the A380 later replaced the 747), but I must say that I don't regret it. Our time on this 77J was amazing.

So we boarded the leasing 777 through a dedicated priority line (despite being the last ones to board) leading to the forward bridge. The crew was expecting us, as we received a very warm welcome, and were adressed by name. It was to be only on that occasion by the way.

The cabin of the 77J, was very nice. I loved the colours, they are much more settled than the ones from EK for example. There are however a few signs of wear here and there.

Our suites were very nice. The seat was large and very comfortable. There is plenty of place to put your small things, and the carry ons can be stored in the separate storage galleries at the back of the F cabin. I noted the large screen and the Ottoman.

Our 77J leased from JetAirways for another 5 months or so

My suite

Over view

My seat

Ottoman and IFE screen, note the extra seatbelt on the Ottoman, for your dining companion

Garderobe

View towards the rest of the cabin

Headphones and a glass of Dom

Seat adjustment functions

Remote control, with the borrowed splash screen

Extra seat controls from the remote

Airy cabin without overhead bins

At my seat I found the headphones, PJs and Tumi kit; exactly the same than on our previous flight. There were also the menu but strangely the drink menu wasn't there. My girlfriend had it though. She also had a flower, I did not.

The content of the Tumi kit were exactly the same as well. The pyjama, I did not mention that before, was different for men and women. I got a grey generic version, whilst my girlfriend got an Alain Delon blue version. Both are nice though, as a matter of fact, I'm wearing mine as I write these lines...

After a quick glass of dom, it was time for push back and take off.

Tarmac views in BKK

Airborne view

Part 2 coming soon