FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation of Lifemiles ticket
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:47 pm
slacker

Cancellation of Lifemiles ticket

Dear All,

I am encountering a long delay in cancelling a ticket to fix a name error (as posted in another thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...s-booking.html).

I called the TACA Hotline in USA on 2-March-2013 at around 2230 (GMT+8) to cancel the ticket. I was told I would be charged a refund fee of USD50 and keyed in my credit card details etc. After this call, I managed to see the affected passenger being taken out of the booking and thought the ticket has been cancelled.

However, on 6-March-2013, I still have not seen the miles refunded to my account, and found out thru the operating carrier that the ticket has not been cancelled yet. So I called the TACA US hotline again and was put thru similar process.

On both occasions, I was given a transaction approval code. Could it be my credit card will be charged twice?

But the main issue is, the ticket has still not been cancelled, and I am anxious to have it settled.

Would greatly appreciate if someone can give his/her valuable insights, opinions and advice with regards to this.

Thanks.