FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How far can hertz push?
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:33 am
finster869

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by Americanada
All this blah blah about 'why do you keep going back if they treat you bad' is missing the point. Obviously if the shots in the head are bad enough a guy will look for another relationship. Well, any way. At least I hope so

Sometimes stuff happens but you really should check the resv Pre-print before you leave the station. Make sure the CDP & FT numbers are showing & the cpn or promo # is present. All of these numbers are on my current Pre-print. Any why spend 20 mins on the tel. Create a Draft in your e-mail and every time they mess up just send a copy of the Draft to Hertz. It should work.

Recently however an inexplicable happened to me. I have 10 resv. sitting at a certain location. 5 of those resv. have a certain CDP # (let's say 111) and the last 5 have another CDP # (let's say 222). On a recent reservation. I was on the 2nd of 10 rentals and while the rental had the correct FT & Promo#s, it had the incorrect CDP # (222). The third, fourth & fifth resv. all came out fine. So, regardless of the perfect service, at the end it all depends on whether the agent knows how to properly pull out a resv.

It's a hassle sometimes but worth the benefit of the extra miles (minus the taxes on certain FF programs - don't forget to account for that cost)
I have a multi-month rental I am supposed to be getting triple miles on, but they only gave me 500 miles for January and February. I kept all the screenshots and paperwork, and the FT, Promo, CDP#, etc. are all correct.

What email address would you suggest sending a letter to? I called Customer Service (oxymoron) 3 times and all they could do was give me an email address of [email protected]. Unfortunately, when you send an email there, all it does is send an automated message asking you to request missing points online. The online form does not let you attach files, or even give a description of the problem.

Can someone give me a good email address to send my info to where a live person might actually try to help me?