FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:05 pm
WebTraveler

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
I just looked at my most recent bill and they went through all these changes to the program coming in May for Amex point accrual, but they mentioned nothing that I could see on the AXON awards. Is that a good sign or a bad sign.

So more points for the hotel and less points accrued on the card. Looks like no matter what we're getting hammered on both ends. In the meantime, the management team of Amex cleans up on executive pay....and for what? What do those guys even do?

Ridiculous.

Originally Posted by kenban
I am almost positive the current AXON awards are going to disappear. I am hopeful that we might get a replacement though.

With the move to variable award pricing something which is a percentage discount, point rebate on redemption, or x night free deal is the most likely offer.

I would think that it could just simply be a 4th night free deal. Which would be very similar to the AXON awards that are likely to be discontinued. The 5th night free offer which has already been announced is a 20% discount while a 4th night free would be a 25% discount. At the high end a 95k a night hotel is 76k a night counting the 5th night free. Under a 4th night free deal it would be 71.25k. For hotels which are still 50k a night it would be 150k for a 4 night stay which is almost the same as the current AXON awards.