FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cruise v. All Inclusive Resort For A Single Person
Old Mar 3, 2013, 4:29 pm
lowro11er

Not knowing anything about you, I'll tell you about the Epic and cruising. With cruising you are not stuck at one destination, as you will visit a few different ports. On the Epic there are some good choices for entertainment, once again not knowing you, some of their options you may like some you might not. But you will have plenty of choices. On the Epic you have dining choices ranging from a buffet to a "pay extra" for a specialty restaurant. Alcoholic drinks and sodas are not included, for the most part, in your fare on the Epic. Having never stayed in their studio cabin, I did have a chance to see one on a tour last month. They are very nice for a single traveler. I would say the Epic has more single travelers because of those rooms. Service has always been good for me on the Epic. Sometimes it is what you make of a vacation, some do not like cruising, some just want to complain about anything and they are never happy.

Originally Posted by GSP flyer
I'm looking into doing a either a week long cruise or 7-9 days at an all inclusive in the Carribbean. As a single person, the best deal seems to be on Norwegian's Epic, which has special cabins for single people and no single supplement. On the other hand, for roughly the same amount of money, I can do the all inclusive.

Having never done either before, I was wondering if anyone can weigh in on the relative quality of the food, service, and entertainment. Bonus points if you can give any insights on which is better from a single person's point of view.