FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:55 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Wellington NZ

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, been here a few times before and happy each time.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
not quite sure what room was booked as was a corp rate booked through work travel agent, got harbour view room on club floor with club access

How are the rooms?
Nothing to get over excited about but perfectly adequate. As always hate the shower over the bath in the bathroom. Nice view over the harbour though

How is the exec. lounge?
Good, but smallish. I dont like that they have changed the evening canapes to a tasting plate.

What was your welcome gift?
Chocolates and a pen

Did you receive fruit in the room?
no

What was good and what was bad?
Good
Good location in the central city.
Can have a full cooked breakfast in restaurant rather than a continental bfast in the club lounge
Afternoon tea in club lounge is nice.
Had a nice room service dinner one night, good burger!
free valet parking with club access rooms which was handy

Bad
Club evening canapes. Not much to eat. Didnt use the lounge on first night, but noticed it was as busy as usual on a saturday night
Couldnt get a pay movie. Staff tried to help, and actually offered to move me to another room, but it was late and I couldnt be bothered. Disappointed though as I have never used the free movie benefit ever and I really wanted to this time.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
so so. I think the points here at this hotel are quite high and as I said I was staying on corp rate which was only minimally better than best flex (so I assume the corp rate would have got better room than standard???)

Would you return?
Yes and have many times and will again in a few weeks.