FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pricing with a code share.
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2013, 9:27 am
dogsrock

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, Etihad Guest Gold, VS
Following on from last year, nothing seems to have changed despite EK/QF getting together.

I was on the EK website pricing another trip to Oz from the UK, LHR to BNE, out in early April back three weeks later. This, in First, came to £5416.49.

As not only will EK and Qantas be loved up by then but they shall also be at it, I thought I would add a couple of to and fro Brisbane domestics on, via Qantas Link as it might be convenient for them to be on the same ticket and I doubt it would cost any more. These via Qantas come to 261AUD, about £180.

I was given two options on the EK site as a result of adding the domestics...priced at £12903.55 and £16690.99. Interestingly the two options seemed to be on exactly the same flights..so I am guessing Saver and Flex fares were being quoted.

I thought that after the EK/QF arrangement the pricing of such a trip, particularly as appropriate to discounted fares, would be more straightforward. I would simply be able to add the cost of the domestics (in Y) to the original First quote.

Was I being daft to have expected that or is the EK website just not yet geared to such calculations?