FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USAirways 500 bonus miles for taking surveys with The Whiteboard - a scam?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:33 pm
vsevolod4

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
USAirways 500 bonus miles for taking surveys with The Whiteboard - a scam?

Received the following solicitation in the email:

Get miles for your thoughts
The Whiteboard lets you earn miles for taking surveys. Get 250 bonus miles when you sign up and another 250 miles when you complete your first survey. You'll earn Whiteboard Points for taking surveys tailored to your interests and then you can redeem those points for miles.
It's free to participate and your privacy is always guaranteed.
Signed up. After signing up, I had ZERO points. Did not see the 250 points.
More disturbingly, I need to "earn" 2500 points with "The Whiteboard" before I can convert these to Dividend Miles. This they tell you AFTER you've answered forty questions about your personal and professional life.

Furthermore, there is no indication about how many points you get for your 2500 points - is it one to one, or is it some crappy ratio. It smells to me like the scandalous "e-miles" program (where if you didn't hit the "threshold" you lost your points annually).

Anyone out there have any experience with these guys? Should I cancel my "membership" with prejudice?