FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 25, 2013, 2:22 pm
JamesBond_ppk

Part 2

Once in the air I snapped a couple of shots from the beautiful scenic views.

Scenic views, departing Fiji

After reaching cruising altitude, menu were distributed and the service started. We were not adressed by name but Glenn & Vicky, our FAs, were very nice. In fact the whole lunch service was excellent. The food was very good and the service attentive and polished. Probably the best we've had with NZ so far.

Menu cover

Selection of the day

Usual drinks

Hot towel

Table was set and the starter was served. Today it was a smoked snapper brandade

My girlfriend's main, the poached king prawns

And my beef tagine. Excellent

And to round it off we had cheese and skipped dessert

The IFE system on board is the same than I have already described on several occasion. It is excellent indeed. We watched Headhunters, a Norwegian thriller. Nothing like a home movie to start the trip back!

Approach view

Tarmac view. EK has quite a presence in AKL. Two A380s and one 777 were parked there

Our luggages were marked with priority tags, and were this time delivered amongst the first.

Conclusion
Despite leaving Fiji, which we were very sad to do, as you cans ee by how many scenic departure views I took (...) I must say that this was simply the best flight we've had with NZ. Service was top notch this time both on ground in NAN and AKL, and in the air. The hard product is of course not as good than on the 777, but is more than sufficient for a few hours flight. This made me regret all the bad experiences and hit n miss we've had before!