FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:49 pm
Investor 11

Programs: IC RA
Intercontinental London Westminster

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 1 day Reward Stay before returning to US. Given Executive Room.

How are the rooms?
A little on the small side
Nicely decorated.
Small seating area with desk.
Large mirror in fornt of bed that holds flat screen television.
Good sized closet.
Bathroom is very large compared to the rest of the room. Nice rainfall shower.

I asked if it was possible to be upgraded to a Studio Suite as I would be out early the next day and wanted to see the difference in rooms. Phone call was made and the answer was no. Staff person said that they had to comply with upgrade terms and give an Executive Room. Whatever, I was staying on points anyways and thought it was worth a shot to ask.

How is the exec. lounge?
Offered for a charge. Don’t remember the amount and did not take up on offer.

What was good and what was bad?
Good

Check in staff welcomed me back to hotel noting my prior stay. Again, the concierge staff stands out. The Feathers next door wasn’t serving food due to some issue. We asked where we could get a proper English breakfast nearby. Concierge walked us across the street and into the Tube stop to personally point out two cafes that offered it. Went to check out and staff member who had checked me in 12 days prior, and had not seen since, greeted me by name.

Conveniently located directly next to Undergound station.

Bad
Nothing this stay. Although, it would be nice if there was a wine option in the mini bar.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Booked on promo 30k rate. Overall I was satisified. I would play the rate game when returning to London choosing between here and the Park Lane. I can see this hotel being loved by standard PCR members and Ambassadors and not RA’s.