FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:33 pm
JamesBond_ppk

Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

+
Modern facility
Dedicated adult pool
A few staff member are very good

-
Where to start?
Hard product:
Rooms are more according to Park Inn than Radisson Blu standard
No beach
Food service simply way off
Soft product:
Badly organised housekeeping
Staff mostly unmotivated and not smiling
All in all, bad value for money.

Price 44000 Club Carlson points / night

The reviews on TripAdvisor says it all. "Stay here if in Denaurau" "Disappointing", "Best resort in Denarau"...

We had two stays, there; the first one was three nights before heading to the islands, and the second one was our last night in Fiji. Needless to say that the three first nights were unnecessary.

Cleary, this is a Resort. Probably perfect for families and anyone who just want to get lazy and do nothing. Kids can go around and play all day without bothering their parents except for a Burger and a coke. And yes, it is probably the best resort in Denarau.

Plus it's in Fiji, everything looks like you're on holiday and the scenery is amazing!

So for that, it gets its number one spot on TripAdvisor, which I understand and respect.

However there are so much more to Fiji than Denarau. My advice, don't stay there unless when in transit. Go and experience the islands!

That being said, there are plenty wrong with this resort. For starters, during our two stays, there was no Club Carlson Gold recognition, and the welcome gift was missing. The first time, this was fixed only by chance as housekeeping was three hours late (after normal check in time) for getting our room ready.

Our rooms were not particularly clean; and the linens and sofas were dirty. Seeing how housekeeping handles the madrasses in the morning, it's no surprise.

Not everything was working in the room. The TVs are bad, and not properly connected. Reception is awful. For our second stay the AC was not working and we had to use a very loud and loose fan.

F&B was a catastrophy. Food serving and presentation was sloppy and the food tasted of nothing.

We also tried the Spa and it was ok, but not worth what it costs.

Besides that, I must point out that the staff was globally not interested by the guest are more focused on their phone than the rest.

Finally, as there are always exception, the lady managing the Fish & chips shop is great, and there were several other staff members to be commanded for their exemplary attitude.

Our room

Day view

Evening view

Adult pool

Conclusion
I might sound over critical in this review. But having experience many other beach paradises before I can without a doubt say that this is probably the worst value for Club Carlson points / money I have ever used. This resort has very few good things to offer, and does not deliver on the basics. Again, don't stay there unless in transit. Go experience the islands!

Last edited by JamesBond_ppk; Feb 25, 2013 at 12:17 pm