FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Atlanta Airport [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:09 pm
mrredskin

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
holy hell. $12 for parking?!?! i was NOT prepared for that this past feb 14.

We rolled up right at 9:30pm and every light in the parking lot went out, just as I was about to pull in to a (narrow) parking spot.

We made the mistake of using the "lobby entrance" which just made us use more stairs and heard an alarm. Lights were coming back on in the parking lot. Initially we thought it was a short power outage.

No one was being evacuated, fortunately. I came up to the SPG desk and was told I couldn't check in due to the issue. At first I was told it was a power surge. We went across the walkway to sit down on those big seats next to the bar.

Five minutes or so later I went back to the desk after the all clear notice. Apparently someone had been smoking in their room? I dunno. That's the excuse I was given.

I was "upgraded" before arrival to a Deluxe room. Not sure what was different, but it was nice and on the bottom SPG floor. 9th I think? Can't remember. Anyway, I asked if they could waive the parking due to the wait to check in and she got her manager's attention. Manager looked at res, noted Gold status, and said sure. I'll take a $12 discount for waiting five extra minutes, fo sho! Both agents were very nice. In fact, every staff member I encountered was polite.

I'll probably return in the future, but that $12 parking charge really sucks.

BTW, we stayed here due to fiance's Global Entry interview the following morning at off-site Customs. We arrived two hours early and they took her in. Incredibly polite group of guys working there. Very personable. Her interview lasted all of 8-9 minutes.