FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:50 am
JamesBond_ppk

NZ108
SYD-AKL

Duration: 3:00 (2:35, departed late, arrived on time)
B767-300 with Winglets: ZK-NCL
C class, 5 pax / 24 seats.
Seats 2A & 2B

One hour later it was time for us to head to our gate where our 767 was waiting. Once again I choose the 767 on purpose, as this aircraft offers a C product where the A320s operating that route as well do not. And I am sure everybody agrees that travelling on a widebody aircraft is always better than on a narrow body!

At the gate, there was no priority boarding, and actually not even a dedicated line. The bridge led to a single door entrance in the front of the aircraft.

The cabin itself looked very good. Of course some things don't look fantastic on a 767, like the overhead bins for example, but still, the rest was pretty nice looking.

The seats were comfortable but slightly smaller than QF, since NZ has a six seats abreast config in the width of their 767 where our QF flight had as you know five. Seats adjust manually, and the possibilities are limited. Again the position is ok for a few hours, but tight when the seat in front of you is reclined. For that flight I was certain it would be ok, but when they use the 767 on the AKL-HKG or AKL-NRT route, it must quite a disappointment for C travellers.

There are pillows and blankets at the seats as well as noise canceling headphones. No amenity kits were available (we asked).

Our 767, with Winglets

Boarding, without priority line

C Cabin

Another view

No overhead screens

Headphones

Seat adjustment

Concerning the IFE, note that individual screens pop out of each seat but that there are no overhead screens, meaning no Airshow upon take off and landing and meaning you need to take out your screen to watch the safety demo and pack it again for take off. Not the best solution if you ask me.

The safety video was the Hobbit inspired one. I'll get back to you on this.

The IFE is nice though, with a bunch of movies and TV shows to choose from. One can also create its own playlist, and order drinks or snack from the system. Quite smart! My watching choice went onto the Rugby World Cup finale of 1987, between France and New Zealand. I'll let you guess who won...

The system with drink and snack

Remote control, located in the armrest

Welcome screen

User guide

Playlist function "+"

Airshow

My choice

Part 2 coming up in a minute...

Last edited by JamesBond_ppk; Feb 23, 2013 at 3:29 pm Reason: Added links