FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:24 am
JamesBond_ppk

Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney

+
-
No gold recognition. No upgrade, no welcome gift.
Award price (compared to Radisson Blu)

Price: 50.000 club Carlson points per night

Originally I wanted to book the Radisson Blu which is located closer to the circular quay, where we would spend NYE. But as I was paying with club Carlson points, I had to choose the other Radisson which solely was available. This redemption was 50.000 points a night, which to be honest, is a lot, especially since the Radisson Blu (supposedly a five stars), costs the same.

Anyway, the situation being like it was I was happy to have found a decent hotel for points at the end of december. We would make the most of it.

The hotel is located in a relatively quiet street (one way traffic, but the monorail passes here), and a few meters from Chinatown. It does not smell Chinese food in the hotel nor the room as I read in some other review, that is plainly ridiculous. But there are plenty of Korean, Thai, Japanese and Chinese restaurants around, which is great as we love asian food. It is also close to darling harbour and plenty of attractions for singles and families.

Our room was according to my request on the 8th floor, but we were not upgraded despite my Gold status. There was no welcome gift in our room either. The room itself was nice, quite large, with a king bed and a small kitchen area. Kitchen utensils can be borrowed from the hotel. We did not use that. There was no Nespresso machine but instant coffee and a French press with grounded coffee.

The bathroom was ok but dated. Amenities were also ok, but again nothing exceptional.

Room was clean but you could see that they will need to renovate some areas of the room, and do some painting soon.

Bed

TV

Bathroom

Conclusion
No regrets, mainly because of the location, but I will try the Radisson Blu next time which costs the same amount of points.