FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 6:11 am
JamesBond_ppk

Part 2

The pre-departure drink that morning was water or apple strawberry smoothie. The smoothie was a nice touch, original and actually very very good!

Once the air, we were offered a warm towel and a few minutes later service started. As this is a short flight I was not expecting anything special. Just a box with a sandwich and a yoghurt like so many other airlines do. I was wrong.

We were offered a choice (!) of 2 dishes, the first one being cold cuts, cheese and lettuce and the second a fruit salad and yoghurt.

We were also served freshly squizzed orange juice (at least that's what it tasted like) and freshly brewed coffee in a French press... Another first for me in the air.

Everything was excellent, and the coffee was trully good.

Warm towel

My choice

My girlfriend's choice

For the whole flight, service was discreet, but nice, efficient and polite..We are adressed by name whenever it was appropriate. Excellent!

The flight ended up being much shorter than anticipated as we departed late, but arrived on time (and catched up over 20 minutes in the air).

Our luggages were amongst the first to arrive.

Flight view

Tarmac views

Tarmac views

Conclusion
All in all a trully great flight by Qantas, way over any expectations for such a short flight with only the lack of priority boarding enforcement as a negative. The rest was perfect. If SAS had that sort of service between OSL and ARN/CPH, I'd buy C tickets with them all the time.