FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 16, 2013, 5:58 am
JamesBond_ppk

QF420
MEL-SYD

Duration: 1:25.(0:58, departed with 15min delay but landed 12min ahead of schedule)
B767-338 V3: VH-OGR
C class, 25 pax / 25 seats.
Seats 5K & 5J (Btw, there is a window in 5K)
Cost: 9000 Avios per person.

Qantas operates different aircrafts on that route (A32X, A333 and B767), obviously I choose a wide body, and the 767 on purpose. It was another First time for me on this equipment time, believe it or not.

So after a nice time in the Qantas Club, it was time for us to head to our gate. After 10 minutes to the end of the peer, we found a large queue of people alreday boaridng the aircraft.

Sadly, there was no priority boarding. Mind you, the line was there, but people did not respect it, and it was not enforced. The gate bridge led to the single door entrance in the front of the aircraft. And I was adressed by name at the gate and upon boarding the aircraft (after a peek at my boarding card). Still, I thought that was excellent, and it was definitely way over my expectations!

Our aircraft

Boarding, without a priority line (note, the small sign is there (too small?), but nobody gives a damn!

Through the door we discovered a very nicely appointed cabin. QF operates four types of 767, that one had a five seats abreast configuration in C, whilst the others have a six seats config.

The seats themselves were large and comfortable, and they are adjusted electronically. The position though is ok for a few hours, but becomes tight when the seat in front of you is reclined, so here row 1 offers definitely the best seats in the house. Pillows and blankets were of course available should one require them.

Seats on our side

Seats in front of us

Cabin viewed from our seats

Overhead bins

Seat controls

My seat completely reclined

Cabin view

Limited space when the seat in front of you is reclined

Note, the unusual buckle

There was no individual screens at the seats. Four overhead screens placed around in the cabin were visible from my seat. We had though noise cancelling headphones, to connect to the music system. Mind you there was also iPads available in each seats with smaller headphones. The Media Center on the iPad was very nice, streamin movies via Wi-Fi. I watched Red Dog, the quality was very good.

Headphones

iPad as IFE

Media centre menu

Red Dog

In flight announcement affecting the iPad behavious as well

Part 2 coming up below...