FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:10 am
JamesBond_ppk

Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne

+
Good recognition (upgraded and welcome gift)
Decent room
Excellent service
-
Old bathroom
Loud room (large opening under the door, fire regulation?)
Unstable wireless

Price: 44.000 Club Carlson points

What was supposed to be a two night stay turned out to be a one night stay because of our rebooking. I was unable to amend the reservation online, so I had to call the hotel from MUC, and the young lady on the phone made the change quickly. She mentioned that early check in are difficult to obtain (we were to arrive around 8am) but it was actually no problem. Actually all the normal rooms were all occupied when we arrived but upon presenting my Club Carlson Gold card, we were upgraded to a Business room which was available.

The room was quite roomy and nicely appointed with view on the gardens. 2 things though; the bathroom was quite old, and with a tiny bathtub, and there was a big opening under the main door (I guess for fire regulations like in the states), but here, it was like 1,5 cm... Which meant everything that was happening in the hall was heard in the room as if it was happening in the room. Not good.

Also Internet was unstable and erratic. It was even difficult to check our emails.

The location however is great, just nearby the city, 5 minutes walk from the Circle line (free tram ride across the city), and 5 minutes from the amazing Queen Victoria market.

Service in the hotel was excellent with all the staff we talked to attentive and dedicated to make our stay enjoyable.

We did not eat anything at the hotel, since Melbourne has so much to offer in that domain!

Large King bed

Working area

Old bathroom