FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:47 am
junkreceiver

Originally Posted by Vapno
YES. This worked for me.

Super-smooth approval with a score in the high 700s.

I hope it's easy to downgrade once the first year is up. Anyone have experience doing product conversions with Barclays? Actually it looks like there are two different reward programs sharing the same card. I hope that makes the process simpler.

Also, I wasn't able to get the application page showing 50k after $1k spend to print correctly. I did however save the terms page. If you're able to print the application page (blank of course), please PM me.
I did not print the 50K offer application page because my personal ID expired and would not let me pass the landing page. However, I got my 40K bonus only 2 days after I spent $500 on the card. No problems at all. So I assume it would go just as smoothly with your bonus miles.

I hope you get the downgrade or fee waiver next year. Please report back. I wanted to ask the CSR to match the 50K offer but the whole activation process was automatic and quick. Then I was being too lazy to call back. Considering the one phone call to match offer and another one next year to downgrade, I might need a bigger incentive than 10K miles...