FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are bloggers getting paid to fly?
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:10 pm
yerffej201

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
http://thepointsguy.com/2011/11/flig...emier-lax-akl/

This would be an example of a product review.

This was added at the end of the review.
Full disclosure: Eric Rosen flew Air New Zealand Business Premier as a guest of the airline, but all opinions expressed are entirely his own.

A brief mention of being a guest of the airline was provided at the start of the blog entry. Read the review and form your own opinion if you believe compensation/gift/being a guest (whatever you want to call it) had any influence on the type of review that was given. Off topic, I'm not sure one can book an award ticket LAX-AKL with Air New Zealand w/ partner miles?

Also, if a blogger takes compensation from time to time.. could this not have an influence on future reviews? A blogger could write a horrible review of a product, but even more reason for an airline to invite them to events to get a second chance to win them over.
It definitely does. ANY post where there is compensation means that blogger is explicitly/implicitly told to write whatever sponsor gets. It's innate human nature.
Off topic, you can if there is award space, which right now there isn't.

I mean compensation other than cash, could be points... but as far as I'm concerned, any blogger is biased. Doesn't matter what they say and take everything they say with a grain of salt.