FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson San Jose (CA) or Country Inn Sunnyvale?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:06 pm
ORD-TGU

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson San Jose Airport
I landed at SJO, called the hotel, got transferred to the actual driver who told me where to go so he would pick me up in 10 minutes...then there he was, just as promised, friendly and helped with all my bags! Nice new and comfortable van. Great start.
At check in, recognized as club Carlson gold member, thanked for my loyalty, upgraded to business room on 5th floor. The room was standard size, a bit tight with two double beds, but seemed really new. No welcome amenity, but even better, received free breakfast coupons, but unfortunately I had an early flight so skipped it. Fortunately they set up coffee, apples, granola bars in lobby, so I appreciated that. Free wifi, it was good speed and never dropped. Close to airport, can only hear street noise when standing close to glass door, but in room it is quiet.
The sitting area in front of elevator on 5th floor has modern décor, a sink and two communal refrigerators.
Sleep number beds are always comfy. The only minor issue is that the AC was a little bit loud, but I slept through it. Lobby has free PC for internet and printing. Outside pool, and on site restaurant, did not eat there, but the place was packed during happy hour. Walked to the bowling alley next door, ate at diner, which was good for a diner. Nothing else walking distance around hotel, but ask shuttle driver and he will drop you off in vicinity. Next morning shuttle was quick and helpful with bags. This is a business hotel, did not see any vacationers. Hotel is clean, functional and lobby and my room are new.
Short stay, property was nice.