FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 6, 2013, 3:31 pm
JamesBond_ppk

Part 3

Once the air, we were informed that service would start whenever we wanted. Emirates has an "A la carte" service, available at any time. In such they don't have a fixed service time, but let each passenger decide when and what to eat. That's simply awesome!.

The menu is quite big and offers a large variety of items to choose from. It is available in English and of course Arabic.

Food menu

Breakfasts and canapés

Appetizers, Soups and Mains

Remaining Mains with garnishes, Sweet delights, and Hot Beverages

Light bites, available whenever

Bar Service

There was also an extensive wine selection:

Wine menu

Champagne choices

Excellent choices of Whites

But even better selection of Reds!

Dessert wine with a Sauternes, beautiful!

As I was starting to get a little bit hungry again I decided to order some lunch at once, and the first thing I ordered was of course a glass of Dom, which was promptly served accompanied by a tea and a date and later some appetizers.

Second (or third?) glass of Dom with appetizers. Note the orchids on the left.

Tea and date, excellent!

Table set up

To follow on that I of course ordered the Caviar. The lemon was presented the same way than on LH, but instead of fresh toasts it was served with small blinis. Sadly the Caviar tasted a bit off, so I ended up being quite disappointed. I was not offered Vodka.

Hoping middle eastern food would logically be better I then ordered the Mezze. After a few minutes my dining table was covered by many small dishes looking all more appetizing than the other. However, out of the nine dishes I only found two enjoyable. Even the Humus and the Taboulé tasted off... That was another disappointment. Fortunately the Dom kept floating.

Caviar, nicely presented but not that good

Mezze, again very nicely presented but did not taste great

In addition to the Caviar, my girlfriend tried the air dried beef, and the lentils soup. The Beef salad was fantastic, however the soup was plain.

Air dried beef salad, with mozzarella and olives. That was apparently excellent

Lentils soup with spinach and arabic bread croutons. Tasteless

Part 4 (final part), in a minute...