FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 6, 2013, 3:30 pm
JamesBond_ppk

Part 2

And then there are the amenities. The suite has a cosmetic package located in the table under the screen. It packs two aromatherapy boxes, one to help you fall asleep, one to help you focus. It has also different creams as well as a small "shower in a box" tube. I don't really see the point when there is an onboard shower, but alright On top of that we were handed a nice amenity kit. Again there is one male and one female version. Both were very good indeed. Ok the design of the gents case is somewhat discussable, but the contents were excellent: it has a standard brand deodorant and shaving gel, but also a box from Bvlgari with a fragrance, an after shave lotion and a body lotion. The lady version was nicer looking and was also packed with Bvlgari products.

Lady’s amenity kit

Contents of the women’s amenity kit and cosmetics from the suite. The least one can say, is that EK does not kid around!

Gents kit and partial content. The Bvlgari box contains a fragrance, after shave and body lotion.

Gents kit content

Eye shade

If that was not enough, the Spa restroom is packed with cosmetics with different choice of shower gels, shampoos, conditioners and body lotions.

Spa Amenities divided in two categories; Relax and Revive

Of course we were also handed out a pair of slipper in its bag, a nice pair of Emirates branded PJs, and a large travel bag to carry our changing clothes back and forth. Very smart and very nice!.

PJs, slippers, Amenity Kit and travel bag

The only thing missing in the suite is an.Ottoman. It sounds silly, but I missed it for two reasons. One I like to put my feet up (!), and two, that meant I could not dine together with my girlfriend.

Now down to the IFE. As one could expect, it is pretty damn good! The screen is very large and of good quality. The provided noise canceling headphones are doing a fine job. The remote though was quite slow, which was sometimes a bit of a pain. Anyway, the ice system, as it is called (information, communication, entertainment) is excellent. The choice of program's to watch is overwhelming, there are hundreds of programs to choose from. So I started with reading the news a bit (live update from the BBC), and then watched a few episodes of the Simpsons.

ICE Remote control

BBC News

For take off and landing I used the tale camera. That unique feature to the A380 is really cool! I really like outside cameras for take off and landing, and this one takes the experience to an entire new level! Amazing!

My new favorite view spot for take off!

Part 3 in the starting blocks...