FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:40 am
JamesBond_ppk

Lufthansa's First Class lounge MUC

Even though we had gotten our boarding passes the day before, I wanted to drop by the First Class check in to check a few things. Most important of all was "where are our luggages"? Indeed we had checked in a total of 3 pieces and did not get them back the night before. That was no problem as we had pretty much all we needed with us. But I just wanted to make sure our luggages would follow us to MEL. And it was good that we asked, since apparently they had no idea where our luggages were. We were told to check again the Lounge in an hour, as they would search for them in the mean time. While we were at check in I also took the opportunity to change our seats to 1A and 2A. Usually our favourite seats as we wanted to make sure we had a view upon landing. On a side note, the First Class check in in MUC is excellent. Located just nearby security control, to which it has a direct access, it has a few waiting chairs, and of course service was excellent.

At the lounge we were unfortunately told there would be no limousine service that night as our A343 had gotten a Terminal gate. That is the second time out of 2 LH F experiences that this happens to us. No limousine for us

Anyway, upon arrival in the Lounge we were directed to a quiet seating area with a nice Bang & Olufsen TV. The attendant asked us what we wanted to drink, to which we replied to give us a few minutes to settle in first.

Lounge view

Our seating area

B&O TV

A few minutes in, we decided to have dinner, as we had about 5 hours of waiting ahead of us before boarding.

We were promptly seated at the restaurant and I ordered immediately a glass of Champagne rose. It was a Janisson & Fils, unknow to me before, but in Champagne the smallest wine makers are the bests. It was very nice indeed. My girlfriend chose a glass of apple juice first and then a glass of Les Jalets Blancs, Croze Hermitage.

The menu, presented in a nice cover reads as so:

Welcome page (Not sure the LSG partnership needs to be advertised...)

Starters

Mains

Wine list

From which we ordered the following:

Tom Kha Goong from the menu. Note the fresh chilies on the side

Various starters from the buffet for me. Fresh and lovely

Boar ragout as main course for the two of us. Very nice indeed

Finally dessert, only fruits this time even though the spread was quite large and appetizing. Note the impeccable strawberries

The nice lounge attendants made sure our glasses were full at all times. There were very little waiting time for the food, despite the many passengers being seating at the restaurant. All in all it was an excellent pre-flight dinner!

Upon leaving our dining table, I was informed that our bags were found and were retagged to MEL.

That out of the way I started writing this report while my girlfriend went outside the lounge for a manicure. Our original seats, by the TV were taken by an indian family so I took our bags and moved somewhere else.

Relaxing chair

A bit later that evening, a party started in the cigar lounge (couple of guys enjoying themselves with drinks, smokes and loud music). As we sat nearby in the very comfy chairs, one of the lounge clerk came to ask us if we were disturbed by the noise, to which we responded that, no it was nice to have a bit of life in the lounge. He smiled, and said to warn him if at any point the party became annoying.

Finally about 1,5 hour before boarding we went for a pre-flight shower and got a beautiful white Ducky . As experienced in my previous TR, the shower facilities are excellent in this lounge with very good amenities.

Large bathroom

Amenities

The second ducky of my collection (amateur I know!)

We left the lounge, unaccompanied, about 40 minutes before our scheduled departure time and headed for our gate, H44. For those familiar with MUC, you'll understand that's a fair distance from the lounge, about 10 minutes walk. And that is actually the only thing that could have been better with our experience of Lufthansa's First Class ground services, a small drive in a cart would have been appreciated. The rest was perfect!