FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter trip to Australia - New Zealand - Fiji with LH,EK,TG(F) and LH,QF,NZ(C%M)
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:00 am
JamesBond_ppk

Mövenpick Hotel MUC airport
King room, unknown price

+
Nice design, with fresh colours
Good amenities
-
Far from the actual airport, despite the shuttle bus (normally 8 Euros per person per ride). It was a nice stay but I would rather book the Kempinski or the Novotel if I was on a short layover.

Check in process went smoothly, without waiting time. Seemed plenty of passengers had been affected by the weather that day and the clerk was therefore working hard, preparing all room keys.

Our King room was very well appointed with nice colours and plenty of space to move around. The bathroom was also very nice. They even had a Ducky

King bed

TV & Working area

Curtain separating the sleeping area from the entrance. Nice touch!

Bathroom entrance

Bathroom

Helloooo Ducky! (I did not take it!)

Breakfast was quite good, with plenty of choices. Exactly what one would expect from a decent hotel, nothing less, nothing more.

View form the elevator in the morning

My breakfast

Breakfast view

The view from the restaurant in this lovely December morning

After a late check out we headed back to the airport. We had thought about heading down town, but mind you, we were on our way to the south, and with the freezing weather outside (-6) and very light clothing, we thought it'd be better to stick to the small Christmas market at the airport.

Christmas market in MUC, cold very cosy!

Christmas market stand

Besides my girlfriend needed an emergency dentist appointment, and there is a medical center at the airport.

Waiting lounge at the dentist... Not very comfortable!

That out of the way, we headed for the First Class lounge..