FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50,000 mile bonus for Platinum members - was it a one-time thing?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:04 pm
stumbleman

Programs: DL PM
50,000 mile bonus for Platinum members - was it a one-time thing?

Hey all,

I did a search for this but couldn't find anything specific - last year I got a note from Delta saying that they were going to award me 50,000 miles (non-MQMs), just for being a Platinum customer. Anyone know if they plan to do this again in 2013?

My hunch is that this was somehow tied to the 50,000 mile bonus they were giving to Platinum Amex customers, and to make it fair, they simply awarded them to existing Platinum customers. Can anyone confirm?

On a related note, the Delta Skymiles agent on the phone yesterday told me candidly that Skymiles Amex customers were ruining complimentary upgrades for non-Amex frequent flyers like me because they were taking up all the upgrade spots and "unfairly" getting Platinum status due to MQM bonuses associated with the card (hence the introduction of MQDs). I told him I did notice that most of last year I suddenly dropped to 12th or 15th on the upgrade lists all the time (as opposed to 2nd or 3rd), which seemed very unusual to me. Anyone else have this experience?