FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:49 am
yelldawg

Programs: DL PM; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold;
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Is this data still available?

It could be that this non-geek hasn't understood the instructions for how to access it.

Originally Posted by mnbp
Nope.
Act Fast... I think you can still get to the data!

I used Firefox with the "Firebug" add-in. Once installed, go to the delta website. Click the new "Firebug" button on the top right to launch the add-in, go to the "net" tab, then click the "Persist" button (leave the other button on "All"). Now log in to your account. It will list all of the data exchanges that open up between your browser and the site.

Scan the list. You should see "[+] POST bcdata.action". Drop down this [+] box.

Scan the "Headers" section, and towards the bottom you'll see details of a cookie. Copy/Paste this into a document editor.

It appears to be coded as "%2C" = Question, and "%3D" = responses, with a few minor variations. The variable names themselves appears to be the same, once accounting for these parsing letters.

Interestingly, I made PM in late December 2012. Field "smMthdOfAtnmt" (method of skymiles attainment) shows me as "12GOLD"... SO I suppose this may not have been updated since then... although when I log in the website itself does reflect my PM. Maybe this is the old "cookie" format of what the JSON was transmitting.

Most other fields seem to be dead-on. It shows me as F22, which is fair. My "incomeAmt" is my annual salary (as typically reported to CC apps, etc. within past 12 months). Yet other fields were off. My house value was either an old rental from 2 years ago or my parents house from when I joined (back in '94). It also lists my education as Bachelors but I have a PhD.

Interestingly, I see a "prtnrRev" field. I am guessing this is Partner Revenue. I flew one AeroMexico flight last year, and the amount shown is in the ballpark of what I paid.

It shows my mindsetSeg as DW and my CustValSeg as 2. I have been an infrequent flyer and SM member since 1994, but have come on strong this past year due to a new job. I fly almost exclusively within the US and stick to the middle economy fare classes (rare YBM and rare LUT) most of the time. I also joined SkyClub and hold the Amex Delta Plat.

I agree with prior posters that figuring out the "mindset" coding would be interesting, if nothing more than better understanding how Delta's sees (and segments) it's customer base. If people can keep posting their mindset and value codes, along with a brief description of their travel history and pattern, I bet we could get a bit further on this.

Good luck to all!