FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:02 pm
Surgee

IC Barclay

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Meh... a bit frustrated..

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Book a 1 king 1 bedroom suite... got a 1 king 1 bedroom suite.

**I lucked out here and the night was free. The morning after I booked expedia launched a sale and I made a best rate guarantee claim. Regardless, this should not have had any impact on my RA treatment (i.e. it was not an award booking). It seemed to...

How are the rooms?

The room was fine (11th floor). Living room with kitchenette and kind bed. Small bathrooms at this hotel, but this was not a surprised.

How is the exec. lounge?
None

What was your welcome gift?
Fruit, water, chocolate, and some yogurt or smoothie type shooter things (it was not delivered in the first 2 hours we were there--though we were told it would be delivered "promptly." We left for dinner and by the time we got back it was room temperature, so we passed on the yogurt smoothie shooter type thing...)

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
- Minibar, refilled promptly when asked.**
- Free internet for RA
- Late checkout offered without asking

Bad:
*No Upgrade. I pushed them at check-in, agent went to talk to a manager came back and told me the hotel only had 3 suites above what I booked and that they were all occupied. The fact that she went to talk to a manager had me dubious about this, but I did not push this too hard. I suggested maybe they could offer breakfast or something similar, but they did not budge. The lack of care on this matter was frustrating, and it was generally very clear to me from the first moment at check-in they were slighting me because my night was "complimentary."

- No Club Lounge at this hotel. No other offering (i.e. breakfast in restaurant) for RA (not required or expected, but always nice when offered).
- The majority of minibar did not get billed, but 2 days after the stay received a small additional charge on my CC from what I'm certain is a minibar request that got billed as room service. Later in the evening I had asked for a particular refill (just 2 more whiskeys was all i need) and a room service attendant brought them up with a receipt. I mentioned to him it was for the minibar, and not room service. Still dealing with getting this refunded....

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Obviously, with the stay being free, very few complaints. But for the $299 rate I booked hoping for an upgrade to one of their bigtime suites and getting no upgrade or other significant RA treatment, not sure I would book again.

Have stayed at this hotel a few times now and its always a wash.... there are some nice weekend rates available though worth considering. I've certainly seen sub $200 rates not infrequently.

Last edited by Surgee; Jan 29, 2013 at 5:40 pm Reason: clarifying club lounge