FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You
Old Jan 27, 2013, 5:37 pm
javabytes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Bicostal
In the State of california, anyone who retains financial or other information about you (including credit information) is required by law to provide you with the categories of content of the information they retain plus the privacy policy used to protect it. I think the list of info previously posted is likely one that would need to be disclosed on request and I'm surprised it isn't listed on the privacy disclosure.

The applicable California code section: BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE
SECTION 22575-22579

The code section speaks to the access by the customer to his information but does not require (but allows) its disclosure. There is also the opt-out clause and the third party clause (list of who and what info they provide to others about you). I think DL is on interesting ground here as to what exactly they need to tell me about me - at least based on California law. In consideration of the recent oops moment, I wonder how they are going to respond to my request.
Categories of content... not the content itself.