FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:11 am
Flyer4Ever

Programs: AC E75K / Marriott Silver Elite / SPG
Originally Posted by Far Siren
- Unlikely as the flight is not sold out in Y and there is no urgency on AC's part to free up Y seats with LMUs or Op-ups. FYI, your flight is showing J8 C7 D4 Z4 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L0 K0 N9 A0 R2.
- Of course you CAN try, but it's unlikely to yield a satisfactory outcome. The LMUs are offered only through electronic channels anyway (i.e. online and kiosk check-in) so the check-in agent is not in a position to influence the price.
- No, you get the mileage for the original fare purchased.
Where do you find info about your flight? Like the "J8 C7 D4 Z4 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L0 K0 N9 A0 R2" that is posted?

Also, are those the fare basis for the seats remaining?

Furthermore, I got offered $1000 for an upgrade from PEK-YYZ but not as a LMU? I asked how much an upgrade was to the front agent while check-in...is this something different than an LMU?

Also, would I get a better chance of upgrading when asking the agents at the Gate? I always see people line up when the agents start forming and I don't know what people are doing...