FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not a frequent flyer, have a question regarding upgrades
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:21 pm
amargrossa

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by LHRRHL
Wow thanks for the replies guys, I wasn't expecting this. Much appreciated.

So the general consensus seems to be it would be hard to upgrade by 2 classes and if possible it would cost £600 more.

I think the draw to WT+ is that the seats seem to be more spacious which I want for an almost 10hr flight. If I get to the airport and it's available for <£200 then I will go for it (pay in cash).
Its not possible to upgrade from WT to Club World (CW / business)

I recently received an OP-UP to WT+ (operational upgrade) on my MAA-LHR because WT was overbooked. While the extra legroom was more than welcome, and the main meal much better (bacon vs no bacon). I found that the WT+ service on flights in and out of India was the same - if not a little worse - as WT. I was actually ignored a lot more in WT+ than in WT. Also, I found the leg rest is quite useless (though significantly less useless as the foot rest). And, unless I'm mistaken, you will have the older WT+ seats like I did. The real bonus for me was being able to deplane before the masses, and the relative calm of a smaller cabin on an ex-India flight - which can be very bus-like in the main WT cabins

I would say, save your avios for something later. Indigo is rumored to be allying with BA - In my opinion: your 10,000 (plus the additional miles you accrue on your upcoming flights) might be used better on Indigo's network (if this indeed does become a possibility). 10K avios will also get you decent one-way (or even a few roundtrip) tickets within europe or the US (American Airlines tickets usually only cost avios+$2.50)