Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share Builder

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:33 pm

I did my account and my GF's account before the blogfest and the hit for each posted immediately. I did a trade / GF did not do a trade so it didn't seem to matter. Did a friend's account after the blogfest and still waiting. He was an existing SB account holder and signed up for a new account. He hasn't funded or done a trade yet, but not sure whether that matters if they are also limiting the bonus to new accounts, hence the question.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 6:49 am

So TPG killed this. Despite this being the same situation for more than 3 years? Damn.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hmm... signed up for sharebuilder 10/5, waited for credit the next week. Nothing happened on 10/11, as the blogfest made ING look at the accounts, so I funded and did a trade. Waited for 10/18, nothing.

I also have a ING direct account (signed up for a 25$ bonus ages ago) and a ING Retirement account from Work.

10/20 I get this mail:

Consolidation may be the key to keeping your online life from engulfing your real life. Now you can come one step closer by linking your ShareBuilder and ING DIRECT accounts. Advantages include:

See your ShareBuilder balance, and zip there without another sign-in.
Transfer funds instantly between ING DIRECT and ShareBuilder.
Free up brain cells you were using to manage separate accounts.
Get more time in your real life.

You can link your accounts right now - it only takes a minute.
Hmmm... so they detected I was a existing customer.

So no hit and no miles?

PS: a colleague tells me his wife's attempt to get a sharebuilder account (rejected for lack of credit history) got her the sign up bonus last month...
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
ING Direct customer for years, opened a Sharebuilder regular investment account for GS2010. On 9/30 opened and funded a Sharebuilder IRA account with ING funds. Token $10 trade processed on 10/4, still waiting on miles.

Replacing the expected hit will not be an issue but it will deter me from going for a level higher (32 vs. 28) as I would need 3 ~$50 hits rather than 2.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:26 am

So, are people who didn't have existing accounts getting the miles? I've never had any kind of Sharebuilder/ING Direct account. My auto trade is set for tomorrow, I should get the miles after that, correct?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Originally Posted by Lyssa
So, are people who didn't have existing accounts getting the miles? I've never had any kind of Sharebuilder/ING Direct account. My auto trade is set for tomorrow, I should get the miles after that, correct?
Yes, I am 3 for 3. Miles posted quickly without funding and trading. I have since completed the funding and trading for one account and have funded, but not traded (yet) in the other two.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:48 pm

To clarify, did those post before or after SB started manually processing the bonuses (roughly 2 weeks ago)? Dates would be helpful.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
To clarify, did those post before or after SB started manually processing the bonuses (roughly 2 weeks ago)? Dates would be helpful.
Yes, I'm looking to see how miles are posting now that you have to make a trade to get the miles. I don't know if I've heard of anyone getting the miles since that crackdown.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Opened my wife's account on 10/5, funded it, and made a trade on 10/6. No miles yet. E-mailed c/s on 10/11 and 10/17. The 10/17 response mentioned about having to manually approve the miles. Hers was a new account, funded and traded, so I'm not sure they can weasel out of it.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton
Opened my wife's account on 10/5, funded it, and made a trade on 10/6. No miles yet. E-mailed c/s on 10/11 and 10/17. The 10/17 response mentioned about having to manually approve the miles. Hers was a new account, funded and traded, so I'm not sure they can weasel out of it.
That's not a good sign. My trade is going tomorrow, I will email them after that. I hope the miles will still post with the account opening date as the activity date. Hope this isn't turning into a foul ball!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Opened 1st SB account on 9/25 and the second and third on 10/3. Did not fund the first until a couple of weeks later and then waited another week for the trade. I funded the last two a week ago, but have not traded yet because I'm having problems with the Android App after a flawless trade with it for the first account. Anybody else have a problem with that App?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by kendenton
I have to say they are very reassuring in their

Thanks for staying vigilant! There has indeed been progress in finding out why they haven't posted. Now we're just working on posting them! Our system that automatically posts the miles had a couple wrinkles in it, so we had to do some ironing out. Until it is back up and running, we're manually approving them all. Unfortunately this takes a little more time. One of our .[/I]
what this means is the points guy killed it for everyone
good job points guy
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:34 pm

We still don't know anything was killed. If it was, View from the Wing should get credit not TPG.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
We still don't know anything was killed. If it was, View from the Wing should get credit not TPG.
point(s) taken!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Sharebuilder: to fund or not to fund?

HIKERT
I opened up 2 sharebuilder accounts back on oct 1 2011 and 2 accounts on Oct 12 2011 (managing 4 accounts). did not fund

Decided to fund tonight - set up for a fund and a free $25 from this thread (INVEST91511) the two accouns from 10/1/11.
Can't figure out how to trade! can you help? I think I have to wait until the accounts get funded and they don't fund until Wednesday, so looks like the next time to trade would be for next Tuesday for some kind of discount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.