Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

"Other partner" hits (not Shopping Mall) [master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Other partner" hits (not Shopping Mall) [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, AS, SW, BA, AAA, AmEX Gold. SPG,Marriott, HHonors
When did US Airway do it's last miles sweep? I have 4 hits that were posted between 10/14 and 10/19 that have not seen a tier award yet and 4 additional hits posted between 10/26 and 10/28 also awaiting another tier award. Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Pretty sure 10/24 was the last sweep
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by kendenton
Pretty sure 10/24 was the last sweep
Nothing here this week, even for some back at the first week in October (after 10/3). Oh, one of three car rentals came through, but I think it was pushed through another door, so to speak.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Just in case anyone still needs a magazine hit, The Atlantic is now available for 400 miles.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Skymall from 10/25 posted for me this morning..

10/25/2011 10/31/11 SKYMALL ONLINE PURCHASE 30

Still waiting on:

Sharebuilder
Dividend Miles Toolbar
e-Miles
Walmart
Office Max
Hertz
Biscoff
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: Several dozen
The Umpire Needs Glasses (1-800-Flowers Bad Call?)

Uh oh...

PERSONALIZED DOG WITH BONE (#29232) was registering as a hit in orders in September then 1-800-Flowers stopped crediting the hit. Because posting has been slow, this was not noticed until a pattern began to emerge. There is an email into the referees but its looking like a Miles of Mysery goodwill disaster in the making. It makes for quite a fiasco when vendors post hits in the begining of a promotion, then stop posting hits midstream. Must say the merchandise was well received, but this business is all about spending money to accumulate airline frequent flyer miles. When a customer is enticed to do business and finds instead he/she has been given the business, you can expect the business will be given back. Play fair ball or risk the fans getting out of their seats to take to the field!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Still waiting on:

Sharebuilder
Dividend Miles Toolbar
e-Miles
Walmart
Office Max
Hertz
Biscoff
Walmart is a hit?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Walmart is a hit?
Hit 10. Dividend Miles Shopping Portal – $3.09

You have virtually limitless options on this hit, but we ordered a Crest 3D Vivid Toothpaste from Walmart.com (linking through the US Airways portal) and it came to $3.09 with no shipping fee. Useful and a hit. Smile big and pretty now!
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommyp...ys-grand-slam/
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Uh oh...

PERSONALIZED DOG WITH BONE (#29232) was registering as a hit in orders in September then 1-800-Flowers stopped crediting the hit. Because posting has been slow, this was not noticed until a pattern began to emerge. There is an email into the referees but its looking like a Miles of Mysery goodwill disaster in the making. It makes for quite a fiasco when vendors post hits in the begining of a promotion, then stop posting hits midstream. Must say the merchandise was well received, but this business is all about spending money to accumulate airline frequent flyer miles. When a customer is enticed to do business and finds instead he/she has been given the business, you can expect the business will be given back. Play fair ball or risk the fans getting out of their seats to take to the field!
was this 1 of those items that had the Red Warning sentence of not qualified due to it being a discounted item and you did like I did on another item and simply removed the code and wrote down your DM# hoping it would slip thru? If yes then dont blame them, I dont just cause 1 or 2 people were able to get the Hit when they shouldnt have doesnt mean any Vendor was playing Unfair

in my case I took the chance when I should have simply purchased the 9.99 book instead, so I hit a foul ball on the 1st swing and got the book for my next swing and got the Hit
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Hakluyt
Just for recards sake:
Ordered one item, totaling ca. $ 12.00, yesterday, even spoke to a cr about the order. Today received an email that the order is cancelled. It seems Skymall cannot be counted upon. This happened also at last year's GS.
I ordered the metal door stops, order cancelled and never received miles. I ordered AA batteries and order was cancelled but I got the miles but not before I placed another order. I ordered the handtowel and was cancelled and received miles. On another account I ordered the wash cloths and was cancelled but received miles also.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

OK, so I take back some of the mean things I said about OfficeMax:

I placed an order on 9/24. When it appeared that no miles would post absent intervention, I bugged them until I got an email promising a manual credit, which then posted as follows:

10/13/2011 10/14/11 OFFICEMAX CREDIT 6

Today, this posted:

9/24/2011 10/31/11 OFFICEMAX CREDIT 7

My tentative conclusion: OMX really will post miles 5 (or 6 or 8) weeks after the transaction & put the right activity date on it, even if you don't nag them.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by beltway
OK, so I take back some of the mean things I said about OfficeMax:

I placed an order on 9/24. When it appeared that no miles would post absent intervention, I bugged them until I got an email promising a manual credit, which then posted as follows:

10/13/2011 10/14/11 OFFICEMAX CREDIT 6

Today, this posted:

9/24/2011 10/31/11 OFFICEMAX CREDIT 7

My tentative conclusion: OMX really will post miles 5 (or 6 or 8) weeks after the transaction & put the right activity date on it, even if you don't nag them.
But how do you know that OM would have posted miles without the massive number of nagging people.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Upon what information are you basing that statement?
Just from reading the thread and feeling the general sentiment. Actually, as of this afternoon, I only have NetSol still not posting. So, at least for me, it's the only one with risk.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:26 pm

Office Max -here's my story - I bugged them earlier this month and they posted twice, once earlier this month and another today.

My kids accounts - I bugged ofmx for them again last week, no posting.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:23 pm

Yeah, I don't think anyone was actually getting this hit automatically.

I purchased this at the very start of the promo based on the account of someone getting miles by not entering a promo code but entering their DM number. Bad idea, as I then spent 2 weeks e-mailing and calling to get credit with NO luck at all. Gave up and bought something else.

Ends up your DM number doesn't get attached to the order. You have to plead your case, and more likely than not, you'll get denied due to terms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.