FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:26 am
Gymrat76

Originally Posted by planetshakers
No from my own experience. Unless you do not meet the income requirements maybe? However, I believe if you have the DBS altitude visa, you internet application will be approved almost immediately.

I believed it took me less than 5 mouse clicks and 1 OTP to apply, saw the card reflected in internet banking the next working day. Card sent in less than a week. Fastest application ever.
I applied easily enough and indicated that DBS was the crediting bank for my salary so that I did not have to submit any documents. It was approved but there was no review of my credit limit (my limit is still from my salary years ago, about half the current).

I then wrote in and asked and they increased it slightly (to about 2/3 of my Citibank card). Then I wrote in again asking for an increase as it was stated I could get 2-4 times of my monthly income (the limit they gave was less than 1.5 times my monthly).

They replied that from their records that the salary in their records was still the same as years ago and that I would have to submit income documents as proof if I wanted another review.

...!! If they had the service to evaluate from looking at your salary crediting account, why bother with income documents? I pay my bills in full and on time every month, so I'm hardly a credit risk. But they were adamant about it.

I'm going to clearout my miles in the Altitude card then cancel all my accounts with DBS. Really left a sour taste in my mouth. I will continue using my Citibank Premiermiles and perhaps apply for the ANZ Travel Card as they are having a roadshow at my office. *thumbsdown*