FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:47 pm
Apieinthesky

IC Chicago Magnificent Mile

Not many posts about this hotel, so glad to add my experience to this thread.

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes. One night stay.
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked lowest, received 1 king bedroom suite on 30th floor in historic tower.

How are the rooms?
These suits clearly used to be two different rooms, but a door was opened in between them, and one room turned into a living room. Suite was nice and large, with two minibars. I understand that the dated look is part of the charm of the historic tower, and in general it is nice and renovated, but it is a bit dimly lit. Bathrooms are nice and big, with tub and shower. Agraria amenities.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was your welcome gift?
Fruit and water, plus a small box of truffles.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
-Good upgrade
-All RA benefits honored
Bad:
-Check in desk and concierge desk poorly staffed. No one at the Ambassador desk when I came in, and only one person at the regular desk. When I needed the concierge, I had to wait about 3 min before someone came over.
-Check in agent did not recognize my status until I asked about free internet and free minibar. He was confused until I told him I was a Royal Ambassador. I was given a suite in the main building at first, and wanted to charge me $50 for a historic tower suite before realizing I was RA. After that, it was no problem.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Paid under $200, and got an excellent room. Great value, would return.