FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA Inaugural flight NRT to SJC in Business Jan 11, 2013
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:43 am
Carfield

Tea and coffee are than served with a milk chocolate liqueur flavored praline, followed by hot towel, bottled water, and the digestive service (F/A came around with a basket of mini liqueurs!)

There is a full a la carte menu, which I did not take part today.

For breakfast, you can choose from the a la carte menu or the Western and Japanese set!
First, the meal was served way too early – two hours prior to arrival and the breakfast service is too simple! It is not a multiple course meal and everything is served in one tray. But I think it can wait for another 30 minutes, and if ANA does a breakfast pre-order service, it will work better and allow more rest on these short transpacific flights.
Second the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo’s designed breakfast is a bit too interesting and I love the beef consommé topped with cream of carrot soup, and the dessert is nice. But the main course of a warm Parmesan cereal cake topped with smoked salmon is a bit too challenging for my taste bud. It is a nice try, but the bloody orange jam is wonderful and just hope they have the French breads left over from dinner. The featured rolls are a multigrain French twist roll and an egg brioche soft roll.

Sunrise as breakfast was served

International breakfast

Some wing shots after breakfast when daytime came back! Beautiful day!

These beautiful Rolls Royce engines

Amenities:
There is no amenity kit on ANA except those redeye regional flights from Southest Asia, which features a small cloth bag with toothbrush sets and eyemasks and earplugs. There is one exception on ANA Businessjet long haul flights to Mumbai, you will get an amenity kit (not sure about Yangon flight though, which is also on ANA Businessjet). On the long haul flights, the F/As passed around the amenity basket after dinner (and JAL has a few more gadgets though), and I noticed that the lotions and moisturizer water sprays are cut.

Anyway, after breakfast, the F/As passed out the special inaugural sticker and small chocolates (available till 1/16 on all NRT to SJC flights). Really nice!

The F/A also came back with an updated first flight certificate – truly made it special.