FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:43 pm
JKjnr202

IC Sanctuary Cove Gold Coast Australia

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum RA

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Mostly Yes (note this a newly branded IC - was Hyatt until a few weeks ago)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Garden Room (lowest at $249 AUD). Got a phone call day before arrival to clarify room upgrade. Asked for Club Room with Pool View in Premium wing. On arrival had been changed to Suite (garden view) with No Club access. Asked to be changed back or given Club Access with the Suite. Check In bit flustered and came back with Club Room. But, room was very austere, ground floor, awful view and musty (we arrived 9am). Asked for change again to high floor and Pool View and so after 20mins from arrival got decent room. Can I say after this though all reception interactions were excellent.

How are the rooms?
As you can read on Trip Advisor - they are dated and I would say the most basic IC room I have ever stayed in. Size OK. TV small. Clean.

How is the exec. lounge?
Again - OK only and nothing on Sydney or Bali for example. Very limited drinks and food and staff effecient but not up to usual Club standard.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Pool is OUTSTANDING and property grounds very attractive (yes you can see Kangaroos around the place)
- Wine, chocolates and good fruit platter
- Very Decent mini-bar
- Management were responsive
- Top marks for their settling in period - it will get better for sure

Bad
- Now this is my observation - but staff are unusually ALL australian born here rather than the usual mix of overseas born staff. And I have said it before - our young hospitality staff (I am Australian also) are not very good at 5 star service. Far too casual and have a "just doing a job" attitude. Hospitality is not considered a career or profession by our young ones and it shows badly.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Good value for dollars - yes.

Would you return?
Yes