FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ-HKG-NRT//HND-HKG-YYZ - CX J - And Japan Trip Details
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:33 pm
mkjr

Programs: FT
We flew back from FUK to HND. For some reason, I did not take pictures of either the airport or the plane. I think this was since we left our hotel with only 55 minutes to spare.

We were concerned this was not enough time but it was more than enough.

In fact, we were too early to clear security.

Another hickup was that we had our whiskey bought from our visit to Yamazaki in our checked luggage.

JAL staff had X-ray'd the same and advised us this was not permitted. We were freaked out but guess what, no problem with it being in our carry on as the silly no liquid rule does not apply to carryon on domestic Japanese flights.

So back to the good old days of having carryon full of booze.

Nice. We upgraded from Y to J Class for 1000 each. In retrospect, given no meal even in J but nice large seat, we should have paid 8000 each and upgraded to F....oh well, live and learn.

Was only 4500 miles and 1.40 or so in taxes plus the upgrade.

Arriving into Tokyo, we were hungry...as always, we stay at the Park Hotel. Mostly because its close to some outstanding and cheap sushi places...not the ones silly people line up at (sorry, i do not do lines...).

This place is amazing. We went twice. I think we spent no more than 8000 yen for both of us each time.

mmmm....tuna (clearly my Hg intake for the year).

The chef remember the second time that we were splitting the pieces so saved us some time.

And the sashimi tower...i recall this was only 3000 yen or so....