FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ-HKG-NRT//HND-HKG-YYZ - CX J - And Japan Trip Details
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:52 pm
mkjr

Programs: FT
CX504 – HKG-NRT
Depart 09:10
Arrive 14:35

Equipment, regional 773.

Not too many shots off the flight from HKG to NRT. The food was very good. Japan based flight crew was very very good.

Was meeting a buddy on arrival who was coming in from SFO...both of us remarked at the wind on arrival...see above, I should have been in HND.

I picked up a pocket wifi and was able to get everything up and running along with using HidemyA$s so i was able to stream netflix for my daughter on the NEX into Tokyo Station.

Since we were meeting a buddy for dinner, wanted to stay close to where he works....

Hotel Metro Maranouchi in Tokyo.

I have stayed at the Marunouchi hotel and this property. I booked our corporate rate which is the only reason I chose this property since it was 5000 below the posted rate - BTW, that should be an indication that what you can get on their site might not be the best rate out there.

For a hotel that needs to be very close to the Shinkansen entrance at Tokyo station to catch the first train out of Tokyo after arrival from NA the night before when you are wide awake at 6am in the morning, this is perfect. Less than 5 minutes...I mean really....litterly less than five minutes from hotel exit to the shinkansen platforms in Tokyo station.

Also, lots of places to eat around. Room was perhaps one of the smallest I have had in Japan. Was charged extra for my wife but not for my child sharing the same bed.

If cost was the same as other properties in the area, I would stay at the Marunouchi over this one and potentially the station at the hotel when it re-opens in 2012 station itself.

view was nice.

I think we could see the mandarin in Tokyo's bar...another option but decided to just take something a little cheaper.