FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF launches Economy Mini class
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:38 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough about the DL thing.

We asked AF's CEO what he was going to do in the face of huge losses in the Euro market. One of the points he made was that AF's long time partner DL, whom they are very close to, has done an excellent job competing with LCC's. And that AF has identified areas that they can apply here in Europe to first of all reduce their losses, and long term become a better competitor in the market. He did not go into details and thus we rely on our speculation here.

And of course HR is a huge issue, especially if you compare pension which US airlines have been able to effectively eliminate (LX and SN too, eh?). We all know about French labor issues. I specifically asked about that and was told that all the employees of AF are well aware of the difficult situation and would be more than usually accommodating. I'm sure we are all skeptical about how far the syndicates will bend, but so far AF is progressing in their plans. So while some here are pessimistic, I and some others here are cautiously optimistic.