FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way in Star Alliance F from Halifax to Shanghai
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:24 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Gerbs
I concur with the AC direct option, although another possibility is YHZ-LHR-FRA-PVG using AC C then LH C then LH F. I think it's a bit quicker than going through BOS.
Could be a nice option, though LHR and especially FRA are not the most user-friendly airports to transit through if the parents aren't in great shape or are inexperienced flyers.

Beyond that, great advice for the OP re AC, but one question that might or might not matter to him and his folks: Is it possible to lower the high dividers between the C seats? They're great for solo passengers but if the dividers can't be lowered then not as good for couples.

One other though if SQ is not stopping the NYC-SIN non-stops by the time the parents fly and if the arriving and departing NYC airports are the same is YHZ-NYC-SIN-PVG in C. But I get back to the point that AC seems best.