FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for possible re-routing needed
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:51 am
yul36

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by ciana
I was just checking on my J AE reward trip coming up (2 tickets) and yikes--spotted this. Our return was suppose to be Tues Feb 25 CPT-IST (TK41) IST-ZRH (TK1907) ZRH-YYZ arr ZRH 10:20 (AC 879) arr YYZ 16:15 Feb 26

It now reads that the ZRH-YYZ (AC879) is on Feb 27th - which means an overnight in ZRH. It looks as if AC879 has been cancelled on Feb 26th. I looked to see if the IST-YYZ direct flight is available and it too does not seem to be operating on Feb 26.

Since we coming from almost a month in South Africa we do not want the overnight in ZRH as we will just have to stay at the airport hotel - we won't have any coats, boots, gloves with us so can't go downtown. The only option I see is going ZRH-FRA on LH 9025 at 14:35 and then AC877 at 17:00 arr YYZ 19:40

So I am looking for what I might suggest as options when I phone in to AE--or do I have any?? Thanks for any help you can give!
I would find out from AP when they made the change and make it clear you can't do it. You could look at flights through FRA LH or TK to AC, or MUC LH or TK to AC or LH to LH, or even IST to YZ via EWR on UA. Connecting times are good, and the flights I looked had lots of space in Biz First. They are using the ex CO 763's here with full lie flat, almost pods but not quite.