FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are there cheap last minute cruises?
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:52 am
boxo

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
So exc, did you book and cruise?

I have to agree with vacationstogo 90-day ticker search, then comparing those rates on cruisecompete, and then taking it one step further by checking with two Flyertalk members (ak333 or BurBunny) who are agents to see if the rates can be beat or matched.

Originally Posted by timmillea
My best cruise deal was in November 2011 aboard Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Sea from Palma, Mallorca through the Caribbean to Panama over 14 nights. The fare was $529 for sole occupancy of an inside guarantee cabin (inc. taxes) with a modest but welcome $20 o.b.c.. I then found an online discount voucher for repeat guests, which I was, for $200 off "per cabin". My US travel agent managed to apply the discount retrospectively but had to withdraw the $20 o.b.c. offer because the fare before taxes, upon which his commission was based, was now just $16!

I was upgraded to an outside cabin, paid for all-inclusive and never looked back.
timmillea, I was on the the same sailing. I got an unobstructed oceanview with $200 OBC for $617 total as a single. One of my dinner tablemates had use for my OBC, so my overall cost was actually a little less. That was my second TATL and I loved it.