FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your LMUs (Last Minute Upgrades) here.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:24 am
moodypete

YYZ-NRT

Dec. 19 - YYZ-NRT-ITM

YYZ-NRT Tango (G) $1298.00 (taxes in). I actually accepted even though this is the standard LMU price (wife and daughter had gone 2 wks earlier, same rate) b/c I was only going to be in Japan for 6 days and wanted to arrive in good condition.

I had actually more or less planned to LMU...but at that price, I might have been better of buying the outbound (inbound was always planned to be economy) at discount Executive First to get the points but can't exactly remember the prices for J and anyway, I believe you get 100% status miles for even Tango on flights to Japan. Economy was $1800 RT taxes all in...the best I could do as it's kind of a busy time to travel to Japan b/c of Christmas and New Year's. Still $900+1298-whatever the NRT-ITM leg added = ~2000? to NRT was probably a little cheaper than booking the J at the outset. There was no J class from NRT-ITM. It was a dismal narrow body flying bus. But it's an hour flight so who cares. (But having another flight after 13h flight was another reason I LMU)

J-Class was maybe 1/2 full (all the center seats were empty. Couldn't see into the forward section though)

Economy looked pretty full (usually is for AC001)

Last edited by moodypete; Jan 5, 2013 at 10:20 am