FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Western Diamond Elite Upgrade Help
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:07 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelsg
Generally double queen is listed more expensive than a king, or at least same price as the king. never seen the other way round. That's why I assumed double queen is an upgrade from king. On the same token, I doubt it will work even if you put it down in your comments, but worth trying next time.
It depends on the hotel what rooms are least expensive.

I've seen BWs where the least expensive room is the accessible room (whatever size). I put in my notes that I don't really need an accessible room, but they typiclaly leave me in there.

I've certainly seen hotels where two queens is less expensive the one king, but I can't remember if that was at BWs or another brand. I think they were business hotels (which in BW would presumably be mostly BW Plus properties?) where most people were staying alone and thus wanted kings, and thus it was the two queens that they had a harder time selling. So it might depend on the type fo locaion and the hotel's regular clientelle, and on the latter point it may even depend on whether it's a weekday or weekend stay.